You’d be surprised how many people hang on to the beliefs that create failure without realizing that their beliefs are just as unrealistic as superstition. I couldn’t possibly go through the entire list, but here are three that I hear a lot:
– Monday’s are the worst!
– The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.
– Life sucks, and then you die.
– I can’t win for losing.
BELIEFS ARE PATTERNS OF THOUGHTS
Listen to what you’re saying about yourself right now. Whatever it is, whatever they are, when you speak them out loud you set the tone for your life. If you want to know what you’re going to be like in five years from now, listen to what you’re saying about yourself right now. It’s no secret that “you are what you say you are”…those words are not just lyrics in a song, they are words that make a true statement.
Think before you speak… not just about yourself, but about others. Drop your assumptions, get rid of judgements, create affirmations. With that in mind, here are 10 beliefs in my view, that consistently create positive emotions, better performance, much better results:
– I reflect daily
– I always act with a purpose.
– I take responsibility for my results.
– I stretch myself past my limits daily.
– I don’t wait for perfection; instead, I act now.
– I learn more from my failure than my successes.
– I take my job seriously, but I do not take myself too seriously.
– I use both negative and positive feedback to keep on target.
– I am careful about what I put into my mind and body.
– I spend time with people who are similarly motivated to improve themselves.
Start your day off with a purpose. Equally important, surround yourselves with people who are going to bring good energy to you.
I’d love to hear from you if you would like to continue this conversation. Shoot me an email and I’ll be happy to chat back.